Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Photo Walk

One beautiful spring afternoon, Haley and I grabbed our camera's and headed to a wonderful trail close to our house on a photo walk.

Haley was taking some awesome photo's of some dead wood, of the creek and using her great eye for different angles and shapes. I'm proud of the way she is developing her talent of perspective.
Specifically, I wanted to use some magnifying lenses that Torrey turned me onto. They provide a very detailed close up, but also have a fun fish-eye barrel type perspective that is unusual and quite fun to play with. I spent most of my time looking for things that would work well with those rings on the end of my camera.
I'm quite happy with some of the results, although I do feel I still have a learning curve to get it to work just right and consistantly.

Haley and I have decided we need to do this more often. It was a wonderful time together and a great way to share our passion for photography.

2 comments:

JaneH said...

Great Pictures. Your getting to be a real Pro.

christine said...

how cool! those are awesome photos. great that you two have something like that you both love and can do together.