Thursday, February 19, 2009

The wait is over!
The time has come!

I've been waiting a long time to be able to say this.....

I GOT THE JOB ... That's right ... I GOT THE JOB


(sounds of Hallelujah Chorus can be heard in the background).

This has been a long long process, considering I first heard about this from a friend over two years ago. That's the government for ya...

As of the second week of March I will officially be an employee of the Boulder County Sheriffs Department. I'll be working for a small sub-station in a tiny police department. My office will be in ... get this ... a firehouse (ah shucks huh girls).


As if that isn't enough, it's for more pay and less hours. It's a government job with all the perks and hassles that go along with that. Great bennies, great time off accrual and ... my office is in a firehouse (hehehe).


What more could a girl ask for? (besides winning the lottery so I didn't have to work at all.)

More later...

6 comments:

Leslie Aldridge said...

We are SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You certainly deserve it. I hope it turns out to be everything you are hoping for and that the Louisville firemen are extra cute. (Just don't tell Tom.) Love ya.

Becky said...

Jodi, that's so awesome!! Congratulations!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Jodi!

Jennifer Moore Lowe said...

I am just beyond green with envy over your new work LOCATION!!!! I mean...the scenery, the views, the breath-taking.....

OK...I'm talking about the mountains.....NOT the firemen!!! LOLOL!!!

CONGRATULATION!!!

christine said...

wow, congratulations, jodi! that's awesome! i'm happy for you, and hope it's everything you dream it will be. having a job you look forward to can make all the difference. good luck with everything! you'll be great.

OnGod'sErrand said...

Sweet!!! Patience and perserverance have paid off. They're lucky to have you, sis. Best of luck to you...and don't forget to send out that prayer of gratitude. :)